Alternative Methods of Screenprinting
- Dates: Friday, April 25 from 6–9 pm; Saturday and Sunday, April 26 and 27 from 9 am – 5 pm
- Ages: 18+; for intermediate and advanced level screenprinting students.
- Cost: $210 (10% discount for HP members)
- Registration: Deadline is Monday, April 14
- Enrollment: Maximum 10; minimum 6
- Instructor: Drew Peterson
Class is currently full. Call HP at 612-871-1326 to add your name to the waiting list.
This three-day weekend workshop will demonstrate unorthodox and innovative applications of screenprinting techniques. Methods for pulling screenprints with watercolor, toner, and graphite will be introduced and participants will be exposed to a variety of alternative substrates including canvas, linen, acrylic sheeting, textiles and plaster. The workshop will conclude with a demonstration of a vertical printing process that enables users to print directly onto the surface of a wall. This course is geared toward participants with some technical and material experience.
About the Instructor: Drew Peterson is a recent graduate of the MFA program at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, where he was a teaching assistant in the Print Media department. Prior to graduate school, he was an assistant printer for Highpoint Editions. Drew has taught adult screenprinting classes at Highpoint and facilitated the textile screenprinting program at Juxtaposition Arts.